Status with Media: Complicated

My relationship with media is quite a complex and interesting one, from the fact that I use it to actually gain information from media, scoff at the absurdity of it, and use it for my own entertainment. Media is a source of news for me, and a way for me to form my own opinion based on the information that I am given. Although in today’s day and age it is difficult to determine whether or not the news is true or false, so I tend to not just glance over headlines and assume they are true, rather, I look at the article itself and gain information. I believe that staying up to date on current issues is a very important part of how we use media, and one of the key components. With media, we are able to access and stay connected with almost every part of the world with simply the touch of a finger, and I try my best to use that to the best of my abilities. However, gaining information from media also goes hand in hand with the sometimes absurd news stories and trends that i see circle around media. For example, the obsession with celebrities and news outlets reporting on that rather than anything relatively more important is something I simply do not agree with. I tend to lose some faith in humanity when I see headlines concerning something frivlous and relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things, rather than very prominent world issues. Media is also mostly used for my own entertainment. I like to watch comedians, shows, and use media to communicate with friends . Without media, I probably wouldn’t have as close relationships with some of my closest friends, because it allows me to express who I am and also communicate with them even if we are far apart. Overall, I definitely do enjoy using media, and embrace the positives of media more than I do the negatives.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Influence of Music Videos

Internet Humor

Music to Me